Saturday, March 1, 2008

Purington Paver


I borrowed my friends 4X5 camera, I'm feeling the need to challenge myself photographically. Stepping out of my photographic comfort zone. I am eventually going to do a series of portraits of my co-workers. I created this image just wanting to test out and play with the camera some. I haven't used a 4X5 camera in years, I'm probably doing to do some more test images to get more comfortable working with the bigger camera. These are 2 street paver bricks that I found at the Old Maxwell Street area. I was driving around with a friend at the time, when we ran into a whole brunch of bricks in the back alley right behind Jim's Hot Dog Stand. So we decided to take a few and I'm so glad I did. Since the city of Chicago really doesn't care too much about its own history and just loves to tear down and erase history..... These bricks I would guess might be around a 100 years old represents a part of the City of Chicago's history that's not there anymore a shame.....but at aleast I have the bricks to show for it and that means a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stepping out of your photographic comfort zone is always important! I think this is great! && i completely agree with you on the fact that Chicago really doesn't care too much about its own history and just loves to tear down and erase history, its truly sad.

Great post Marko!

Cheers,
Mike