Wednesday, March 10, 2010

J. Jackson


I rarely do many portraits, even more rare that I do a portrait of a stranger. I was on my way back home from a work assignment in Valparaiso, IN, I decided to stop in Gary, IN because I'd always heard cool things about the place, I mean it is the home of the King of Pop....So I got out and walked around one of the main streets making some images. Long story short, I was out by a side of a building making some images when a guy started yelling at me, I turned around and no one was there. Then I looked up and there was this guy on a phone, asking me why I was making a photograph of a dumpster? Well, the photograph that I made wasn't about the dumpster it had more to do with the color....So I get into a conversation with this guy which eventually leeds me to making a few portraits of him.....It might not be my best portrait, but it one that I really had to talk my way into and I'm most proud of being able just to be able to make the image.

No comments: