Sunday, January 30, 2011

The St. Joesph River


This is a classic case of a roll of film that was in the camera that I started in mid to late summer and was finished at the end of Dec 2010. I have been shooting more color these days...I go though phases of going between color and B&W it really is an interesting dynamic. There are times are times when I'm seeing the colors more clearer I guess and it just speaks to me more. That said this image is probably one of my fav B&W images I've made in awhile. I made it early fall (2010) while visiting my folks weekend home in Buchanan, MI. I've been there many times over the years and have photographed the river a bunch of times. The light on this day was really nice afternoon light falling though the trees. Its the contrast and that dancing light and all the dark gray tones that just sing. The water kinda rolling in just adds a nice little touch that pulls the image together....This is what B&W photography is all about...

No comments: