Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Chase


One Saturday afternoon on my way home this crazy fog rolling in right off that lake. I knew I had to find something to photograph. Driving by Northwestern U in Evanston, IL I ran into a who bunch of people playing some intermural sports. So I parked my car and got out and walked around. This fog was pretty thick and dense and making and added another obstacle for the players to deal with. I stopped and hung out watching this softball game and walked around the game trying to find a good angle to make a photograph. There goes this line drive into the the outfield with these 2 guys running after the ball I'm not sure if they could even see the ball.... The sun came out and the fog turned into a huge diffuser of light which was really nice. I was trying out this new film that was a bit more grainy which help add to the atmosphere of the photograph. I really enjoy making photographs that let people make there own interpretations and meanings. This photograph is no different I'm sure there are many different things one could pull away from this image. For me this image symbolizes how in life we might be chasing something without knowing where we are going. Running though life trying to catch that one idea, thing, person, feeling, moment, spirit,.. etc