Friday, July 8, 2011

Giant


This is probably one of my more random bizarre images. On my back home from a recent road trip and just being in Atlanta, GA a week or so before. So when I saw this town by the name of Atlanta, IL I had to stop and see what this place was all about. As I was pulling into town seeing if there was anything to photograph I see this huge statue of this guy holding a hot dog. I was like I have to stop here and make a photograph. This was going be a difficult image to make. Being able to find the right angle and where in the frame to place the subject. Usually not a fan of placing subjects in the middle of the frame, but in this case it was the right thing to do, it felt right to my eye. The light wasn't the greatest, but some clouds overhead helped diffuse the harsh afternoon light. Reading the plaque by the statue apparently this is one of many RT 66 roadside attractions. These attractions were designed back in the day to make people stop in town. Well, it worked alright....

1 comment:

Harry Snowden said...

Love those roadside attractions!