Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fence Art


As I was driving past my old grade school in Wilmette, IL I saw that the students hoad done this what I would call "Fence Art" with different colors of fabric that had little drawings on them. It really stuck out to me as I hadn't seen it before and it has been awhile since I last drove by. I was really trying to figure out how to make a photograph, it was pretty cold out so I didn't have much time as my hands were freezing. I chose to do more of a close up of a section of the piece since there was all these little drawings that were in the fabric. The peace sign is really what drew my eye to this part of the work, and everything else just fell into place. It really great to see the young people that see peace as something that's important. I really dig the color, its really deep and pretty intense. I'm not sure how much of that comes across in the small jpg file, but in the high res file it really jumps.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!