Friday, April 2, 2010

Mother Betty


I made this image a few weeks ago when I was at NIU in Dekalb seeing the photographer Dave Jordano speak. After spending the whole day seeing Dave's work and him talking to the students. Myself, my Professor Larry Gregory, Paul Clark(another professor), and Dave had dinner. Feeling inspired I hit the road on my way back home, I decided to take RT 38 which I really hadn't done when I was in school at NIU. I was losing light pretty fast when I ran across this small roadside Cemetary I had to stop. The sun was sitting kinda low and when I came across this image it was that reddish hue that attracted me. It had a really warm and comforting feeling to me. Its as if the tree and grave were just meant to be together. The fact that grave belongs to a Mother made the image complete. There certainly seems to have holy feeling going on. Things just fell into place rather nicely. I knew that it was a keeper as soon as I saw it.....

No comments: