Friday, July 29, 2011

Black Hole


I think this is an image which kinda shows off my surrealistic influence. Specifically Rene Magritte who is one of my favorite painters surrealist or otherwise. I was over at my folks place on Sunday afternoon my brother was over as well and little did know that I would make an image of him while he was napping. What drew me to make this image was that hole in that black sock it was just so strange and I still feel that looking at the image now. I really like how the focus goes from sharp in the foreground and transitions into blur in the background. I knew this is what I wanted because I really wanted the hole to stand out from the rest. The rendition of the out of focus areas really adds kinda that painterly soft feel and the warm earthy tones help add to the atmosphere of the image....

1 comment:

Harry Snowden said...

Outstanding. The warmth of the room ans selective focus really makes the image