Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Deer



On a recent trip down to Southern IL which started in the town of Alton. My friend Dan and I continued to drive though many other towns looking for photographs. When we ran across Kane, IL a town of about 459 people these are the types of places where its totally hit or miss some towns like Kane might have one or two shops, city hall, and a post office....Kane was no different really except it had a Taxidermist which we had never seen before....Dan spotted someone coming out of the place he broke the ice and started talking to this guy. The next thing you know we are in this place photographing. Its really unlike a place I've ever seen before... Deer heads all over the place, Deer huffs bundled together in a shopping cart, other deer parts, some skulls...When I looked at my film and scanned this image I was just as amazed ever more so then when I made it. I mean you just can't make this type of stuff up really! It was so surreal like something you might see in the movies. Apparently they do a lot of business and make good money at it as well. Someone has to do it I guess..

No comments: