Monday, December 5, 2011

Dempster

I'd driven passed this location thousands of times in the past. There was always something about that Dempster sign that was really appealing to me. Maybe it was the shape of it, Maybe I hadn't seen other signs like it before, Maybe it was its color, Maybe it just seemed out of place in the current landscape. Maybe it was a blast of the past kinda like a history lesson of the what area once was and that means a lot in my book. Its all those things that I mentioned and much more. I saw this sign in every type of light possible over the years it could probably be seen in and it looked different in each situation. I don't think I photographed it but one or two other times....This one time I was driving by and saw it and the light, I had to stop this was it. I knew it wasn't going to be around much longer as there was one business left in this little strip mall....Its history now at least I have the photograph as a memory and thats what photography is all about.....

No comments: